Women on Wednesday’s presented by Bonneau Caprece and Over Accessorized was a powerful and inspiring series highlighting some of the dynamic woman in Baltimore. It was truly a pleasure to be a part of a setting where we could share in the accomplishments, talents and dreams of other women.
I look forward to more engaging events hosted by Caprece Jackson-Garrett and Katie Marie Fickling. These ladies are truly gems in our city
Caprece Jackson- Garrett Katie Marie-Fickling
Meet the ladies from Women on Wednesdays
Executive Director, Aziza Peace
“Fashion inspires energy. Style makes it your own”
“Validate yourself, not through someone else’s lens”
Caprece Jackson- Garrett
Creator & CEO, Bonneau Caprece llc/Marketing Consult/Stylist-Fine Arts Programming.
“Go as far as you can wee, when you get there you will see further”
“Don’t leave a stone unturned while pursuing your dream”
Owner, Creator & Editor, Flywire
“What’s for me is for me”
“Keep it simple, sexy, always dress for the part”
A great way to help remove toxins from your skin and gently encourage daily pollutants and toxins from your body.
What you will need:
- Round Body Brush
- Scrubbing mitt
- Epsom Salts
- Sea Salt
- Baking soda
- Your favorite aromatherapy oil
- Minced ginger
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut Oil
- Exfoliating Scrub
- Large Soft Bath Towel
- Pumice Stone (for feet)
Take a quick water only shower, just rinse and free your body of any chemical, sweat, etc that may be on your skin.
Using your bath towel, pat your body dry then let your body continue to air dry as you prepare your bath water. Fill your tub with hot water as you can stand, not scalding but at a temperature that you can comfortably feel warm to the point that your face may perspire.
- 2 cups of Epsom Salt
- 2 cups of sea salt
- 2 cups of baking soda
- Several drops of your favorite aromatherapy oil
- 3-5 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Add rose petals for aesthetics (optional)
- Use your body brush in circular motions up and down your body to complete the dry scrub process to help release toxins
- Soak in the detox bath that you created, relax, take deep cleansing breaths and soak for 15-20 minutes
- If you chose to exfoliate, finish your bath, carefully step out of your tub, do not dry your body, drain the bath water. Step back into the tub when the bath water is drained and gently use your exfoliating scrub all over your body. Start at your feet using your pumice stone to remove any dead skin from your feet. Then using your scrubbing mitt with back and forth strokes to exfoliate the rest of your body. Use a long handled bath brush for your back. You may perspire while scrubbing which is perfectly fine. When exfoliating is complete, rinse body. For a gentle rinsing use a small bucket or cup to splash clean instead of the spray form the shower, be sure to use hot water for whatever method you chose.
- Using your hands to wash your body with black soap or your favorite soap and rinse. Pat yourself dry well then liberally use a nourishing moisturizer all over your body. My personal favorite is pure coconut oil.Take about 15 minutes to relax and allow your body to cool down.
Suggestion: When you have finished your detox bath, plan to only participate in relaxing activities for the remainder of the evening. Drink plenty of H20 (optional add lemon)
Winter has made way for Spring/Summer but a few remnants of it’s presence remain. The harsh cold weather temperatures may have left your lips in need of some TLC, try an easy diy lip scrub to bring that pout back to life.
What you will need:
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Organic Honey
- Small glass container with a lid
- Spoon and glass mixing bowl for ingredients
- Using the coconut oil in it’s solid form. Scoop 2 tablespoon into your mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix until you have a nice rich and smooth consistency
Creating the Scrub
- Next add 2 firmly packed tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix until ingredients are completely integrated and form a paste. Make adjustments to the moisture mix and scrub ratio to achieve the consistency desired.
- To add a little more deliciousness to your scrub, put in a few drops of vanilla
- Using a generous amount apply scrub to your lips with your index finger (this finger has no muscle and make for a gentler application) in circular motion. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then remove with a warm washcloth
- Apply your favorite lip moisturizer or coconut oil to your lips and your pout is ready to take on the town
A great way to prepare your skin for Spring is to give yourself a facial.
Try this step by step process to revitalize your skin.
What you will need…
- a large glass bowl
- gentle exfoliating scrub
- wash cloth and large hand towel
- face mask
- facial moisturizer or vitamin E
- favorite aromatherapy oil
1. Clean. Remove all makeup or natural build up from the day. Wash your face, neck and ears with a good facial cleaner.
2. Exfoliate. Using small circular motions, gently rub an exfoliating facial scrub all over your face. Be sure to exfoliate behind your ears and your neck as well. Bonus: exfoliate your lips check out our DIY lip scrub recipe in our beauty section.
3. Steam: If you own a facial steamer, wonderful, if not use a large glass bowl (bigger than your face) fill with hot water add a few drops of your favorite aromatherapy.
Warning/Caution: be very careful with hot water
Drape towel over head, with face over at a safe distance over the bowl (when the water is at a safe temperature that you can tolerate). Steam for 10 minutes, sweat those pores.
Rinse with cool water. Pat dry
4. Mask: I personally loveBlack CharcoalClay Mask but whatever mask you chose based on your skin type will do. Rinse. Pat dry.
5. Moisturize: Use your favorite moisturizer or my personal favorite Vitamin E
Bonus: Be sure to treat your skin from inside out…hydrate…drink plenty of water and eat your green veggies.
Renew, Revitalize, Refresh
1. DIY Facial
2. External Detox Cleanse
3. Internal Detox Cleanse
4. Move and Stimulate Your Senses
5. Quiet Your Mind
6. Clear Clutter From Your Space, Spring Clean
7. Add Brightness and Color to Your Space