Winter has made way for Spring/Summer but a few remnants of it’s presence remain. The harsh cold weather temperatures may have left your lips in need of some TLC, try an easy diy lip scrub to bring that pout back to life.
What you will need:
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Organic Honey
- Small glass container with a lid
- Spoon and glass mixing bowl for ingredients
- Using the coconut oil in it’s solid form. Scoop 2 tablespoon into your mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix until you have a nice rich and smooth consistency
Creating the Scrub
- Next add 2 firmly packed tablespoons of brown sugar. Mix until ingredients are completely integrated and form a paste. Make adjustments to the moisture mix and scrub ratio to achieve the consistency desired.
- To add a little more deliciousness to your scrub, put in a few drops of vanilla
- Using a generous amount apply scrub to your lips with your index finger (this finger has no muscle and make for a gentler application) in circular motion. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes, then remove with a warm washcloth
- Apply your favorite lip moisturizer or coconut oil to your lips and your pout is ready to take on the town
A great way to prepare your skin for Spring is to give yourself a facial.
Try this step by step process to revitalize your skin.
What you will need…
- a large glass bowl
- gentle exfoliating scrub
- wash cloth and large hand towel
- face mask
- facial moisturizer or vitamin E
- favorite aromatherapy oil
1. Clean. Remove all makeup or natural build up from the day. Wash your face, neck and ears with a good facial cleaner.
2. Exfoliate. Using small circular motions, gently rub an exfoliating facial scrub all over your face. Be sure to exfoliate behind your ears and your neck as well. Bonus: exfoliate your lips check out our DIY lip scrub recipe in our beauty section.
3. Steam: If you own a facial steamer, wonderful, if not use a large glass bowl (bigger than your face) fill with hot water add a few drops of your favorite aromatherapy.
Warning/Caution: be very careful with hot water
Drape towel over head, with face over at a safe distance over the bowl (when the water is at a safe temperature that you can tolerate). Steam for 10 minutes, sweat those pores.
Rinse with cool water. Pat dry
4. Mask: I personally loveBlack CharcoalClay Mask but whatever mask you chose based on your skin type will do. Rinse. Pat dry.
5. Moisturize: Use your favorite moisturizer or my personal favorite Vitamin E
Bonus: Be sure to treat your skin from inside out…hydrate…drink plenty of water and eat your green veggies.
Renew, Revitalize, Refresh
1. DIY Facial
2. External Detox Cleanse
3. Internal Detox Cleanse
4. Move and Stimulate Your Senses
5. Quiet Your Mind
6. Clear Clutter From Your Space, Spring Clean
7. Add Brightness and Color to Your Space