It’s April 5th, according to the calendar Spring arrived a little over two weeks ago on March 20th however, according to the weather, winter and spring are playing double dutch. Winter (rope 1) is swinging it’s efforts in an outward motion, Summer (rope 2) is swinging it’s efforts in an inward motion and we the people are jumping in and of the cycle daily.
One of the biggest issues this vicious cycle causes is what to wear daily. So in preparing to transition my clothing from Winter to Spring, I’ve found that 5 items are a necessity until mother nature let’s Spring have it’s way.
1. Lightweight Scarf- these lovely pieces of fabric can either help keep your neck and ears warm, add a simple pop of color to your outfit or turn into a nice headpiece if need be. No matter which option you chose, it’s a great item that can casually lend itself to the winter spring double dutch.
2. Denim/cropped twill jacket/leather or suede jacket great for layering. Perfect to wear over sweater with a scarf on cooler days. Great to wear with a lighter fabric or tee shirt on warmer days (scarf can still be worn as an accessory). An easy way to remove a layer or add the layer back and be totally ready for however the winds blows that day
3. Trench Coat- a nice all weather trench coat is fabulous during this time of transition. Typically with a inner lining that can be removed, it can provide warmth on the more brisk days and give you the option as a more breathable airy fabric during the warmer temperatures. Bonus, because they are typically water resistant you are prepared for spring showers or the random snow shower that may creep in.
4. Ankle Boots- these babies have become a go to during this time where temperatures are fluctuating. Offers great flexibility with jeans or dresses with or without tights
5. Sunglasses- yes this is an accessory but much needed on sunny days of winter or spring besides it adds a little extra something to finish your look for the day.
Be sure to add pops of color…nothing says Spring like vibrant colors.